Friday 1 April 2011

Where do you buy rose colored glasses?

Is is just me, or is the news getting more and more worrisome each day? I can't stand to watch it. What they say will never happen, eventually happens.

There's teeny tiny amounts of radiation found in milk in the US now? I thought it wasn't even going to get here to begin with??

So, we're arming possible Al-Quaida in Libya? And....why? Why are we even involved in that? Oh, that's the humane thing to do. They might have been killed at the hands of their crazy leader. Huh? Ummm...what are our troops doing again? Oh yeah. We're fighting Al-Quaida. Or, I think we are. I bet that's a great morale booster.

Humane things to do...help people on US soil? Not right now. All those people without jobs? That's cool. That disabled vet living in a cardboard box can figure it out. Those elderly people who lost their home in a foreclosure scam? Nah. Let's give a gun to the Al-Quaida. Give some money to an illegal immigrant while you're at it. Have a bunch of babies and don't work and you'll fare-well. Oh, and let the cost of oil rise, do no drilling, but let Brazil do it. Make sure food costs more than most people make and cut down on the sizes. This is the United States of America and we help everybody. Else.

What happened to our great nation? I am saddened by what I see. I really am.

I've realized the tin foil hatters aren't too far off base really. The zombies are here. Just take any serious matter and voice your concern to one of those we lovingly refer to as sheeple. They'll say "It's OKAAAAAAY" instead of "BRAAAAAINS"

No, I'm not feeling too politically correct today. I'm frustrated. I see this crap (as I am sure you guys do as well) but the sheeple of the world walk around like zombies saying everything is fine, the government has got our back, there's nothing to worry about, whatever.

I guess the pressure is getting to me because I am alone in this and the rest of my family thinks I'm nuts, even when I voice concerns over the news stories. They think I worry too much. Maybe I do. But someone has to. Food doesn't magically appear in your house or in a garden.

How do you keep your sanity? I try to take things just a day at a time, because I know I am only capable of so much, but time after time of being "shot down" so-to-speak (you worry too much, why do you need a year's worth of food, we don't need another gun, blah blah).....I feel like I'm in quicksand.

Opsec issues seems to keep others from reaching back if I reach out in an attempt to make a like minded friend online, which I understand. I'm not a chatty person (like at the store), I don't get out unless I have to, and I don't attend church. (Please, no religious discussion.) So, I have resigned to the fact that I am preparing alone for my family of 5 and planning on another 5 (mom, dad, etc.)

Are others feeling this stress at all? How are you holding up?

Calgon take me away!!!!!


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.