Wednesday 1 June 2011

Am I merely your servant whilst you pretend to be mine?

 

Hi Brooks,
You’re my Member of Parliament apparently. Not that I vote, or am even registered to vote, you understand, I can’t be doing with it. Let’s be honest, you’re not there to represent me or my wishes, that’s why you joined a political party. So that you can represent the interests of the party in Government, whatever they may be.
I digress. You won the election, even though most people in Braintree didn’t vote to be represented by you in Parliament so now I’d like to ask you a very simple question.
How do I withdraw my consent to be governed by you?
I’ll assume you believe that the population are governed by consent and not force, so how do I withdraw mine? You see, I don’t want anyone to represent me in Parliament. I want to be free of other people assuming responsibility on my behalf, making laws on my behalf and raising taxes on my behalf. I want to be free of all the Statutes and Acts you guys spend your days creating “on my behalf”, “with my consent”.
I’m not an anarchist or a troublemaker, I’m just asking you a simple question.

How do I withdraw my consent to be governed?


Or MUST I be governed and taxed? I know if I refuse to pay whatever taxes you decide are in my best interests, you will put me in prison, I know if I refuse to abide by whatever laws you decide are in my best interests, you will put me in prison and I’ve decided, actually, that’s not a very good deal. Not in “my best interests” you might say.
Before you decide that MY paying taxes is in the best interests of everyone else, remember that I was born a free man, not a labouring serf to whom you can dictate that half my labour must be used for the betterment of others, or else I will go to jail. That is akin to slavery or bonded labour, something made illegal in 1956 by the UN. I demand nothing of Government and in return, ask that it demands nothing of me.
Well, Brooks? Am I free or am I only free to attempt to choose my master who will inflict his laws and his taxes upon me in an election? In which case I am not free and my labour belongs to the State, regardless of which political party holds office. A bonded labourer if you prefer.
I await your response. Please don’t use the “you are free to find somewhere else to live” argument, I was born here, here I will stay, and am perfectly capable of governing myself thanks. So, how do I withdraw my consent to be governed by you or Parliament and NOT be thrown in prison by you? Am I free or am I trapped in what Conservatives used to call a "closed shop"? Am I merely your servant whilst you pretend to be mine?
Write to YOUR MP and see what response you get. Hat Tip to TPUC

http://bastardoldholborn.blogspot.com/2011/05/am-i-merely-your-servant-whilst-you.html

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.