Tuesday 16 October 2012

Friday, September 28, 2012

 

Friday, September 28, 2012: (St. Wenceslaus)
Jesus said: “My people, in today’s Gospel (Luke 9:18-22) I asked My apostles: ‘Who do the crowds say that I am?’ Their response was that some say that I was St. John the Baptist, Elijah, or one of the prophets. Then I directed My question directly to My apostles. St. Peter said that I was the Christ, the Son of the living God. I commended St. Peter’s response as I told him that he received his answer from My Father in heaven. The apostles were beginning to recognize that I was the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity, and I was the Messiah. Only God could perform exorcisms, healings, and raising people from the dead. I am the only One who could forgive sins. I also told My apostles that the Pharisees would persecute Me and kill Me, but I would rise on the third day. Even though My apostles heard these words, they did not fully understand how I was incarnated as a God-man, nor what raising from the dead meant. Only after the Holy Spirit came into My apostles would they understand, and speak out about My Divinity. All Christians need to answer this same question of who I am to really affirm their faith in Me. I came down on earth as a God-man so I could sacrifice My life for the sins of mankind. I am your Savior, and I love all of you so much that I gave up My life for you. Without My unblemished sacrifice, the gates of heaven would not be open, and people could not come to heaven. Give praise and glory to Me for My gift of redemption, and allow Me to be the Master of your lives so you can fulfill the mission that I have given to each of you.”

Jesus said: “My people, man has a desire for earthly things such as money, fame, power, and many material comforts. These are the desires of the body, but your soul craves to be with Me in My peace and rest that you cannot find in earthly things. You would much rather seek to live a holy life as much as you can. I want My faithful to practice humility instead of seeking to be popular. This is needed most when you come to Me to confess your sins. I am your Master, and I ask you to give your life and your will over to My service so I can use you to save souls. You need to empty yourself of your own will so you can obey Me in following My plan for your life. I want you to be able to do everything out of love for Me. I desire that you start each day with a morning offering, and consecrate all of your actions of the day up to Me so every action is like a prayer to Me. Then at night before you go to bed, I want you to make a recollection of your day’s good deeds and anything that you did that offended Me. By focusing on any mistakes that you made, you can learn from your mistakes, and try to not repeat any of your errors. By living close to Me in your works and daily prayers, you can walk with Me through life on your path to heaven. Living a holy life each day should be your life’s goal in seeking your spiritual perfection.”

http://www.johnleary.com/index.php/2012/10/05/friday-september-28-2012/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.