Have you ever wondered if you can actually trust the bible? Have you ever thought that bible prophecy is no different than some hocus pocus going on in Harry Potter or with a psychic? Or how much of the bible's prophecies are for real? Is it just like columnist horoscope type stuff that is just hit or miss? Until about six years ago I was thinking some of these very things about the bible, so I wanted to put the Word of God to the test! Having done this I am hear to tell you that I haven't looked back since; but hey don't take my word for it! Lets see what the bible has to say for itself.
The bible claims to be a lot of things so let's first look at it from a view angles here. For starters it claims that it is inspired by God that it is actually God breathed! I don't know about you but that is a pretty amazing thing to be claiming! Get your bible out and turn to:
2 Timothy 3:15-16
Let's ask our selves the following question, according to verse 15 what is the purpose of scripture? Ok now how about this question, according to verse 16 how much of scripture is given by inspiration (GOD breathed)?
A unique claim here is that GOD inspired this book! It's given by GOD.
Ok now let's take a look at 2 Peter 1:19-21. Now ask yourself this question according to the text what is the first thing we should know about scripture? Now according to verse 21 why is this true? Isn't it interesting to note that GOD is claiming that you and I cannot create our own idea about what scripture says but let scripture interpret itself as Isaiah says line upon line precept upon precept. Because this book is not primarily/exclusively a human document; It is not up for private interpretation and is from GOD! What a claim!
Let's get an example going here. Imagine there are 2 book piles 1 pile is not about GOD the other is about GOD now which do you think is bigger? Well if you do not know its the pile that is not about God. Would it be accurate for us to understand that ordinary claims need only ordinary evidence while extraordinary claims require extra ordinary evidence! It only makes sense right? If I told you that I could make a free throw all we would have to do is go out and shoot some hoops from the free throw line right? But what if I told you I could make it blind folded with one hand tied behind my back would you need some extra ordinary evidence to see if that was indeed the case? Of course you would have to see it in person or a video or something to prove that indeed I could pull off such a feat. You see you might take me at my word about regular free throws but the second example now that needs some proving doesn't it?
Now I believe God treats us this very way, he has some bold exciting claims about himself and his word but he also has ways to back that up and I feel it is bible prophecy! Do you think that Jesus was into prophecy so that his followers could better understand the ways of God? Turn your bible to John 14:19. Amazing right! Jesus told them something that was going to happen before it happened so that they could better believe! Here is a little idea of how we get our information these days Journalists tell us the present (put here your favorite news outlet, blog, etc), historians tell us the past and GOD tells us the future! Here is one more claim God has turn in your bible to Isaiah 46:9-10. Now how about this question according to verse 9 how many GOD's are there? Just one right, but here is the kicker what does the text say on how God establishes this as a fact? It is in verse 10, that's right bible prophecy telling us that "declaring the end from the beginning and from ancient times things not yet done."
If you are interesting in seeing the rest of the bible study and learning how to study the bible for yourself please check out how to study the bible. Learn more today about Daniel Chapter 2 and Bible Prophecy today.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.