Tuesday 6 March 2012

Sunday, February 26, 2012

 

Sunday, February 26, 2012:
Jesus said: “My people, today’s Gospel from St. Mark (1:12-13) is very short, but the Gospel of St. Matthew (4:1-11) goes into more detail of the three temptations from Satan. These temptations are worthy of an explanation because the devil tempts you with similar means. I had just fasted for forty days without food in the desert as a preparation for My beginning ministry. Satan tempted Me to produce bread from the stones because My human side was exhausted and hungry. I remarked that man does not live by bread alone, but by the Word that comes forth from the mouth of God. Here in Lent you are fasting between meals, so My people need to restrain themselves from eating when their bodies may be tempted to eat food. This is a reminder not to be so focused on food, clothing, and a place to stay. You should be focused more on trusting in Me to provide for your needs. The second temptation was to throw Myself down on the rocks, but I remarked to Satan that he was not to tempt the Lord, Thy God. This is a temptation to not have faith in My protection, and it is important to not be tempted by apostasy that could lead you away from Me. Hold fast to your faith in Me, and you will have your reward in heaven. The third temptation is when Satan wanted Me to bow down to him, and he would give Me control over all of humanity. I told him to begone because it is the First Commandment to worship only Me, and I am the only One that you should know, love, and serve. This temptation comes as the devil tries to make you seek money, fame, possessions, and anything earthly instead of worshiping Me. Do not give worship or idolize any of these earthly things because I should be first in your life as Master over you. I give you free will, so you need to choose to worship Me instead of following your own way. Ask My help and ask that I send you My angels to help you in fighting off the devil’s daily temptations. By staying close to Me in grace by Confession, you will have sufficient grace to refuse the devil’s temptations. Be grateful for all that I do for you in leading you to be with Me forever in heaven.”

http://www.johnleary.com/index.php/2012/03/01/sunday-february-26-2012/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.