Wednesday 19 October 2011

EU debate 27th October

 

 

Dear Brooks,

On October 27th 2011, you willhave the opportunity to represent your constituents in a debate on the EU inour Parliament, the House of Commons, the one that represents the People (notbusiness, not the vested interests of your Party donors, not unions, but US,the people).

I am a European. My children are Europeansand like the Swiss and the Icelanders, I would like them to remain Europeans,without being dictated how to live their lives from the unelected Committees inBrussels.

I am not interested in how much bigbusiness would lose, or how difficult it would be to extract us from thespaghetti of legislation spun by you and your predecessors to ensure we cannotleave the web we were led into. I want out.

I am happy to trade with the EU, visit theEU, discuss with the EU and spend my holidays in the EU, but just like theSwiss, I see no need to embed myself in it and be dictated to by people I cannever vote for. So do us all a favour and vote for an exit, or I’ll move heavenand earth to make sure Priti Patel gets the Braintree seat when the boundaries arechanged.

Love and kisses

Old Holborn

http://bastardoldholborn.blogspot.com/2011/10/eu-debate-27th-october.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.