Friday 20 January 2012

Sunday, January 8, 2012

 

Sunday, January 8, 2012: (Epiphany)
Jesus said: “My people, you have been putting up your Nativity scenes for many years. The first figures that came were when the angels appeared to the shepherds, and they were led to Me in My creche. Now in today’s Gospel you are seeing the Magi come to bring Me the kingly gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. The vision also shows you some palm leaves that are associated with My ride on the colt into Jerusalem. The gift of myrrh was a prediction of how I would suffer for My people to save their souls. I was born into this world as a God-man so I could redeem sinners from their sins. The price of atonement for everyone’s sins would be My life offered up freely on the cross. So as you conclude your Christmas celebration of My birth, you also are looking forward to the celebration of Easter with My Resurrection from the dead and My victory over sin and death. My life on earth was short and My three years of ministry still had many teachings of My Word directly from God. I love all of My people so much, and this witness of My love went so far that I was willing to offer My life up for all of you.”

http://www.johnleary.com/index.php/2012/01/19/sunday-january-8-2012/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.