Wednesday 7 March 2012

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

 

Tuesday, February 28, 2012:
Jesus said: “My people, today’s Gospel focuses on prayer in the Our Father. Your daily prayers during Lent are a link to sharing your requests and feelings with Me. Many of your everyday problems can be annoying, and they can disturb your peace. The challenge is to not let things get you so upset in your possible anger with these problems. The last part of the Our Father deals with forgiveness. I gave you one parable when a master forgave a worker his whole debt when he pleaded with him. Then later that worker demanded a fellow worker to pay back a smaller debt. Even when that fellow worker pleaded for time, this man had him put in jail. The master then asked the first worker why he did not have compassion in forgiving the smaller debt. I have forgiven many debts from you in Confession, so you should also be willing to forgive others in a similar manner. This sin of not forgiving others, if it is not satisfied, will cause people to suffer in purgatory to purify this loss of love and compassion. You have seen this situation in your own experience. So I warn people to forgive each other as I have forgiven them, or there will be a punishment for the reparation due for this sin. I love everyone, but My justice must prevail when you disobey My laws.”

http://www.johnleary.com/index.php/2012/03/01/tuesday-february-28-2012/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.