Saturday 27 August 2011

Sunday, August 14, 2011

 

Sunday, August 14, 2011:
Jesus said: “My people, you have people today who are possessed by demons in your many addictions. The woman of today’s Gospel was concerned to rid the demon from her daughter. She was a foreigner to the Jews, but she was persistent in her faith, even when at first I did not want to help her. I truly did want to help her daughter, but I tested her resolve. With her answer, I saw that she truly believed in My healing power, so I exorcized the demon from her daughter. This story is truly a lesson in faith when you are in need. It is persistence in prayer and belief in My healing powers that will gain your favor. This depth of faith is important if you are to endure this life’s trials. It is like the parable of the Sower of My Word. Just calling out ‘Lord, Lord’ will not save you, but you need to be like the fertile ground where the seed has a depth of soil to grow and yield thirty, sixty, and a hundred fold. If your faith is like the seed that falls on rocky ground, it sprouts at first, but then it dies for lack of roots. If your faith is like the seed that falls among thorns, it dies also when it is choked by the pleasures and attractions of the world. Your heart needs to be open, in order to let Me into your life and let Me be your Master. Have a strong, persistent faith as the woman in the Gospel, and you will be on the right road to heaven.”

 

http://www.johnleary.com/index.php/2011/08/25/sunday-august-14-2011/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.